Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Recipe Campbell's Zesty Beef and Rice Skillet

So along with this blog being reviews about books from children to middle grade (as I enjoy some middle grade books myself). This will also be a blog with other things on it. I am trying to explore the blogging world. I figured I would share with you the products we get offered to try or what we buy, and new recipes that we give a try to. So below is our first new recipe that we tried.


It is called Campbell's Zesty Beef and Rice Skillet you can click the name and it will bring up the website. I am not able to figure out how to make the symbol with an r and a circle but that symbol is suppose to be by the Pace Picante Sauce, and Swanson beef broth and beef stock.

Ingredients:

1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil
1 Boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into strips.
1 jar (16 ounces) Pace Picante Sauce
1 cup Swanson Beef Broth or Swanson Beef Stock
1 cup uncooked regular long-grain white rice
Chopped Fresh Parsley

How to make it:

1.) Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it's well-browned, stirring often. Pour off an fat.

2.) Stir in the picante sauce, broth and rice in the skillet and heat to boil. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle the beef mixture with parsley, if desired.


Now ours turned out really good and the whole family enjoyed it. But I actually did some things different.

For one I used almost the whole jar of picante sauce but not quite the whole thing.  I would say all but 1/3 cup is what I used. I also used boil-in-a-bag rice. While my meat was browning I boiled the rice for 10 minutes. Which I used 2 bags.
When rice was done I drained it and put the rice in the skillet with the meat and all the other ingredients. I cooked it for I would say about 10 minutes enough to heat everything up and mix everything together. I did not add parsley to it. But I did cook refried beans to add to the side. And we ate it with flour tortillas, shredded cheese and sour cream.

All in all it was a good meal that everyone enjoyed and we will be making it again in the future. I have to rate it at least 5 stars. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment