Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

NetGalley Review: Is A Worry Worrying You? By: Ferida Wolff, Harriet May Savitz

19169026 Title: Is A Worry Worrying You?
Author: Ferida Wolff and Harriet may Savitz
Illustrator: Marie LeTourneau
Pages: 34
Published: Tanglewood
Genre: Children ages 5 on up
Review: Ebook provided by NetGalley and publisher
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk 


This critically acclaimed title addresses common childhood worries--a bully, a first day at school, and a monster residing under the bed--with the not-so-common worries--an eagle making a nest in your hair, a rhino walking down the street, and a herd of elephants waiting for their tea. This entertaining and humor use of perspective and creative problem-solving will appeal to children and parents looking for help in dealing with a universal issue.


We received this book via NetGalley to give an honest review.

I saw the title of this book and read what the book was about and thought this would be a great book to read to K. He is my worrier over everything so I think this was a good book to read to him. He would laugh at some parts such as the rhino crossing the road and not paying attention to you. 
I think the authors did a great job with approaching worrying for young children. I really enjoyed how we get some "tips" on how we should handle a worry. K and I laughed at the tip of putting the worry in a closet and smiling and packing it in suitcase and shipping it away. I will have to remember to tell K that when he starts worrying about something so it doesn't get him too upset.
Now to me the pictures were decent though it all seemed dark but I guess it was done that way as worrying isn't something happy it is glumly. 
I will say after a while the receptive of different scenes got to me as I was reading to him. 
I think the overall message within the story was great a worry will not be solved until you stop worrying over it. 

Questions and Answers with K

1. Did you like the book?
"Yeah it was cool."
2. Did you learn anything?
"I shouldn't worry but what happens if there is a test I can worry right?"
3. Do you think your friends would enjoy this book?
"I don't know if they would but I could tell them about it.






No comments:

Post a Comment