Pages

Monday, June 12, 2017

My Mama Loves Me: I'm Her Little Girl by Shanalee Sharboneau

27751972

Title: My Mama Loves Me: I'm Her Little Girl
Author: Shanalee Sharboneau
Published: Oct. 6, 2015
Publisher: Mascot Books
Pages: 38
Genre: Children ages 3 on up
Review: Book received by author
Buy Links: Amazon, Amazon.uk





My mama shares with me.
My mama cares for me.
My mama teaches me to dream.
My mama plays with me.
My mama stays with me.
My mama loves me all life long.


We received this book to give an honest review.

I read this to A and she loved looking at the pictures, they were so well done and really was catching to the eye. 
In this story we learn just how much a mama loves her daughter. She sings to her, listens to her thoughts, loves her. I believe this book is very uplifting to read to our daughters. Sometimes they may not know how much we love them, but we do and it shows in everything we say or do with or for them. 
I loved how the author used different scenes within the book for example we have an opened bedroom but in the background is what looks like the African Savanna, we have a dragon in another one, and so forth. We will be reading this book again and I will be looking into her other books, especially the one about "I'm Her Little Boy" for K since I can't leave him out! 




Shanalee Sharboneau
2016 Finalist in Children's Picture Book: Hardcover Fiction by the International Book Awards.
Shanalee's books are sold online all over the world, including Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Austria, Africa, Russia, Germany, Japan, China, Mexico, Spain, Italy and France. Her books have been recognized by The President of Ireland, Michael Higgins, Financial Guru, Dave Ramsey and Former First Lady, Laura Bush.

Children's Author Shanalee Sharboneau spent most of her life in Texas. With immigrant Irish Grandparents, growing up she heard tales of Vikings, castles, leprechauns and banshees.
When Shanalee's son Braydon was born in 2010, he had severe reflex. She and her husband, Perry, spent the first 6 months with their son on a 24/7 vigilant watch to make sure his condition did not bring him back to Heaven.
Shanalee spent countless hours rocking her son all hours of the day and night humming nursery tunes to calm him. None of them worked, until she began to hum a melody which later formed words. These words turned into lyrics, lyrics turned into verses, and the verses became the beautiful lullaby she sang to her newborn son entitled "My Mama Loves Me".
Gorgeous illustrations by Israel Dilean makes the love between mother and child come alive with intensity.

No comments:

Post a Comment